Friday, May 14, 2010

new beginnings

Starting this little blog to document the renovation of my new house. The ideas stage is the fun part, so before I get stuck into any of the hard work I'll be exploring and playing with lots of ideas, dreams, whimsical fancies and of course harsh realities like colour schemes, textures, fixtures and fittings. As the project progresses this blog should show how the various inspirations have come together to produce the final look (not that any look is ever truly static, final or finished, thankfully).

My style is a complex and evolving beast, but I have always enjoyed some incorporation of the macabre and look forward to incorporating it in both bold and cheeky fashions. Style wise, I love both modern and old, vintage and synthetic, soft, hard, striking and subtle. I hope to produce a final look that is multi-layered and full of juxtaposition yet works coherently and is, in its own unique way, very much a place to call home.

Let the adventures begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment